Saturday, November 26, 2011

While we are waiting

While we are waiting for the 1.0.0 bukkit build to come out I decided to share another client side plugin I found. It is called Optifine and it provides many speedups for minecraft, as well as provides native support for HD texture packs, no need for mod-loader. I was able to install in on my linux machine and it made many things faster. One of the main things I noticed was that lighting was updated much faster. Before when the time of day suddenly switched I would see the changes propagate out from where I was, even though the entire world changed. Now when the time of day changes the light changes are instant, very cool. If speed is a problem or you just want to see what happens when you can render more, then check out optifine.
- Asher

No comments:

Post a Comment